Sunday, July 31, 2011

Lemony Green Beans

I got this recipe out of a Rachael Ray cookbook. It's simple and tasty.


Ingredients:
1 lb. green beans, topped and tailed
Lemon juice (a couple tablespoons or so)
Olive oil
Coarse salt
Freshly ground black pepper

Bring an inch or two of water to boil in a skillet with a lid. Place the green beans in the boiling water. salt the water and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, until the beans are just tender. Drain and dress the beans with a drizzle of olive oil, the lemon juice, salt, and pepper.

Comments:
These green beans are quite good. They taste bright and fresh, and they still have a little crunch to them, which is the way I like my green beans. The only thing I notice is that if you don't eat them right away, they get a little brown. I have a hunch that's some sort of reaction with the lemon juice. It doesn't make them taste any worse, though; they're just not as pretty.

No comments: