Thursday, July 28, 2011

Roasted Cauliflower with Meyer Lemon Mayonnaise

I got this recipe off the back of a jar of Spectrum Organics mayonnaise a couple years ago. I am not a mayonnaise fan. At all. Steve, on the other hand, loves it. So when I saw this recipe, I figured it'd be a nice thing to make for Steve and I'd probably be able to tolerate it due to the addition of lemon, which I love.



Ingredients:
1 head of cauliflower, cut into bite-sized pieces
1/2 c. mayonnaise
Zest and juice of 1 Meyer lemon
Minced fresh parsley or dried parsley flakes (I've used both, and they both work fine)
Coarse salt

Mix the mayonnaise with the zest and juice of the Meyer lemon. Ideally, refrigerate the mixture for a while, though you can use it right away if need be. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Put the cauliflower pieces on a foil-lined, lightly oiled baking sheet and roast in preheated oven for 15 minutes or so. Dust the roasted cauliflower with coarse salt and parsley. You can drizzle the mayo/lemon mixture over the cauliflower, or you can serve it on the side for dipping.

Comments:
This far surpassed my expectations in deliciousness (which is probably why it's still the featured recipe on Spectrum's mayo label two years later). We make it pretty much any time we can get our hands on a Meyer lemon. I suppose it also would be good with a regular lemon. If anyone tries that, let me know!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting this recipe - years ago! I also made the recipe off the back of the jar of Spectrum Mayo, and loved it! I have moved many times since and lost the recipe, but I found it again here! All the best :)