Friday, June 24, 2011

CSA, Week 4

Here's what was in this week's share:


Asparagus
Green onions (we traded for garlic scapes)
Kale
Lettuce
Spinach
Strawberries
Sugar Snap Peas
Dill (bonus!)

I was excited to get kale and spinach this week, because there are a couple new recipes I've been wanting to try. I was also glad to have more asparagus. We've been saving our double share of asparagus from last week, with hopes of even more asparagus this week so we can marinate and grill a really big batch. We all love asparagus, and it's amazing how well it keeps if you break of the ends, stand it in a glass of water in the fridge, and change the water daily. I traded out our green onions again this week (due to the abundant chives in our own garden) and reached for the garlic scapes once more. Yet another batch of Garlic-Scape Pesto is on the way! I know it seems like I'm stuck in a garlic-scape rut, but that pesto is just so good, and garlic scapes are so fleeting. I doubt there'll be any more this season, but one can hope! We also got an enormous head of lettuce in this week's share. Seriously--that thing must weigh a couple pounds at least. We'll eat the strawberries and sugar snap peas as is, and I'll let you know how we prepare everything else.

No comments: