Sunday, August 14, 2011

Greek-Caprese Fusion Salad . . .

. . . is just a fancy way of saying I added basil instead of oregano or some other Greek spice mixture. We have lots of basil, so that's what I used.



Ingredients:
Cucumber, chopped
Tomatoes, chopped
Onion, coarsely chopped (I didn't include this, because I'm not a big fan of raw onion)

Basil, torn (that's what I used, but I suggest oregano or a Greek spice mixture instead)
Crumbled feta
Kalamata olives
Olive oil
Balsamic vinegar

Combine the fresh veggies with the feta, olives, and any seasonings. Add olive oil and balsamic vinegar to taste, and toss to coat.

Comments:
This was good--the tomatoes in particular were amazing once again--but Steve and I both agreed that the basil was distracting and the salad would probably be better with standard Greek-salad herbs.

No comments: